Build your Career at Cooper Equipment Rentals
We are looking for a customer-oriented, motivated individual to join our professional team as a Gasfitter A at our Climate Control Division in Lethbridge, AB.
Why Work with Us? Perks!
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefit package with premiums paid by the company
- RRSP Match
- Safety-minded organization
- Stable, year-round employment
- Continuous training, learning and development opportunities
- Fun-loving work environment with strong social responsibility
What You’ll Be Doing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, inspect, repair and maintain gas lines and gas equipment such as meters, regulators and heating units in residential, commercial and industrial establishments.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems both on customers’ jobsites, in the shop or in some cases over the phone.
- Test, replace or certify defective equipment as required over 400, 000 BTU.
- Perform annual inspections, service & repairs on construction heaters.
- Advise clients on safety features and maintenance of gas units.
- Accurately and thoroughly document all service and repair information.
- Complete daily hazard assessment(s) on-site and/or in the shop.
- Complete a daily circle check on forklift and/or service truck (when utilized).
- Deliver/pick-up small equipment from site as required.
- Assist with loading/unloading equipment as required.
- Provide a high standard of customer service in all interactions with customers.
- Adhere to all company Health and Safety Policies.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Journeyperson Gas Fitter with “A” ticket.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of relevant experience; ideally working with temporary heaters.
- Considerable knowledge of designing and installing temporary heating systems at construction sites using natural gas, propane and diesel equipment.
- Must have knowledge of temporary heaters; direct and indirect fired, hydronic, electrical etc. Additional training will be provided as needed.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, service and repair a variety of heating equipment in the shop or field.
- Strong knowledge of the safety regulations, codes and practices regarding LP/NG use, equipment servicing, permitting and installation at construction sites.
- Ability to read/understand building and mechanical plans, job specifications and other technical documents is an asset.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to converse with a wide variety of customers and internal resources in a professional and courteous manner.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and satisfactory abstract (no more than 3 demerit points).
- Must have complete set of tools (or be in the process of acquiring a complete set of tools).
- Must be willing to work overtime as required, and to work on an on-call rotation (primarily in winter months).
- Flexibility; must be comfortable with managing and adapting to multiple changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Pride in what you do!
Please note, to be considered for this position applicants should currently be residing in Canada and legally entitled to work.
Want to learn more about this as well as other opportunities at Cooper? Visit our Careers page to view Day in the Life videos cooperequipment.ca/careers.
We passionately believe that our inclusive and diverse team is key to the success of our business. We are dedicated to building an environment where everyone has an equitable opportunity to thrive, and where diversity, equity and inclusion is celebrated and embraced. We strive to hire diverse talent and to ensure that everyone feels safe, respected, and valued during the hiring process and throughout their journey with us. To continue the conversation, or if you require accommodations, reach out to our team at [email protected].