Cooper Protection Plan
At Cooper Equipment Rentals Limited we want to provide our customers with peace of mind. This is in line with our entire customer service approach. As an additional service to our customers, Cooper Equipment Rentals offers an optional Loss Damage Waiver. This Loss Damage Waiver, called the Cooper Protection Plan (“CPP”) will help reduce the cost to the customer for loss or damage to equipment while it is under the customer’s care and control.
CPP is not insurance and does not cover the customer’s liability for property damage, personal injury, or loss of time or use of the equipment. Rather, it works with the customer’s own business or personal insurance to reduce the exposure to risk of loss or damage to the equipment while it is on rent.
In this way it eliminates the need to make an insurance claim which could result in higher premiums, or large deductibles on your policy. CPP limits the exposure on lost, stolen or damaged equipment to 10% of the cost (to a maximum loss of $150,000).
What does CPP cover?
CPP protects the customer from the most common losses and damages that occur during the normal and responsible use of the equipment.
Specifically, CPP covers:
- Accidental damage
- Cosmetic damage
What does CPP not cover?
The CPP is void in its coverage in the event following specific damages stated below:
- Damage to engines, hydraulics, and electrical systems if the customer does not maintain them properly
- Damage to tires, tracks, and windows
- Misuse and abuse – if the customer uses the equipment in a manner or for a purpose that they did not advise us of, and/or is beyond what is reasonable use for the particular equipment
- If the customer does not provide a timely police report in the case of theft of the equipment, or if the customer was using the equipment in a location different than stated in the rental agreement
- Excessive cleaning; including but not limited to the removal of concrete, asphalt, stucco, epoxy or paint
For more information on Cooper’s Loss Damage Waiver, including how the cost of CPP is calculated please read our pamphlet.