Build your Career at Cooper Equipment Rentals
We are looking for a talented supply chain professional who is highly skilled in relationship building, negotiation, and time management to join our professional team as a Strategic Sourcing Manager for our Head Office.
Why Work with Us? Perks!
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefit package with premiums paid by the company
- RRSP Match
- Safety-minded organization
- Continuous training, learning and development opportunities
- Fun-loving work environment with strong social responsibility
What You’ll Be Doing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the procurement process for goods and services, develop tendering and proposal documents;
- Prepare detailed analysis, related staff reports and bid administration;
- Negotiate, execute, and manage vendor contracts;
- Collaborate with the internal leadership and vendors to finalize pricing agreements;
- Contract governance including managing and measuring performance of suppliers; development of SLAs/KPIs; conducting business reviews;
- Facilitate vendor performance reviews in conjunction with operations teams;
- Responsible for communication, coordination and implementation of local and regional sourcing initiatives;
- Lead Regional Managers through the budget CAPEX process, from planning to execution of orders.
- Work with Operations and Support teams to utilize standardized, effective, and scalable processes to bring additional value to supply chain services;
- Develop efficient and consistent documents and practices;
- Research best practices and make recommendations for procurement related processes, policies and procedures;
- Oversee vendor rebates and communicate regularly to CFO;
- Arrange equipment trials, site visits, and presentations;
- Facilitate equipment, product and service issue resolution with operations teams and vendors;
- Manage lead times and overdue orders, following-up as necessary;
- Partner with Finance department and the field to ensure invoice amounts are both accurate and paid on time;
- Oversee new equipment shipping and customs/brokerage;
- Provide support for special projects and initiatives;
- Co-ordinate and/or provide on-going purchasing training to employees on needs identification, effective specification requirements, evaluation criteria, liability and risk for bid document formulation.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience in supply chain;
- Customs and Duties experience considered an asset;
- Bachelors degree in Business or related area of study, or equivalent experience;
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the team;
- Proven relationship building and negotiations skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and under tight deadlines;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Please note, to be considered for this position applicants should currently be residing in Canada and legally entitled to work.
Who We Are: Operating since 1972, Cooper Equipment Rentals is a full-service construction equipment rental company. We specialize in the rental of compact, aerial and heavy construction equipment for the contracting community. We have grown to over 55 strategically placed branches across Canada and pride ourselves in exceptional customer service provided by our highly trained team. And we’re growing!
Director of Rental Equipment