Build your Career at Cooper Equipment Rentals
We are looking for a customer-oriented, motivated individual to join our professional team as a Gasfitter (B) at our Climate Control Division in Maple Ridge, BC.
Why Work with Us? Perks!
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefit package with premiums paid by the company
- RRSP Match
- Safety-minded organization
- Stable, year-round employment with overtime available
- Continuous training, learning and development opportunities
- Fun-loving work environment with strong social responsibility
What You’ll Be Doing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, inspect, repair and maintain gas lines and gas equipment such as meters, regulators and heating units in residential, commercial and industrial establishments.
- Test and replace defective equipment.
- Advise clients on safety features and maintenance of gas units.
- May deliver/pick-up small equipment from site as required.
- Assist with loading/unloading equipment as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Journeyman Gas Fitter with “B” ticket.
- 3-5 five years’ experience; ideally in the construction or equipment rental industries.
- Considerable knowledge of designing and installing temporary heating systems at construction sites using natural gas, propane and diesel equipment.
- Must have knowledge of temporary heaters; direct and indirect fired, hydronic, electrical etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, service and repair a variety of heating equipment in the shop or field.
- Strong knowledge of the safety regulations, codes and practices regarding LP/NG use, equipment servicing, permitting and installation at construction sites.
- The ability to read/understand building and mechanical plans, job specifications and other technical documents is an asset.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to converse with a wide variety of customers and internal resources in a professional and courteous manner.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and satisfactory abstract.
- Very customer oriented mindset.
- Available to work overtime as required.
Please note, to be considered for this position applicants should currently be residing in Canada and legally entitled to work.
Who We Are:
Operating since 1972, Cooper Equipment Rentals is a full-service construction equipment rental company. We specialize in the rental of compact, aerial and heavy construction equipment for the contracting community. We have grown to over 55 strategically placed branches across Canada and pride ourselves in exceptional customer service provided by our highly trained team. And we’re growing!