Build your Career at Cooper Equipment Rentals
We are looking for a customer-oriented, motivated individual to join our professional team as a Small Engine Mechanic at our Kingston, ON branch!
Please note, to be considered for this position applicants should currently be residing in Canada and legally entitled to work.
Why Work with Us? Perks!
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefit package with premiums paid by the company
- RRSP match
- Tool and boot allowance + safety wear
- Safety-minded organization
- Stable, year-round employment with overtime available
- Continuous training, learning and development opportunities
- Fun-loving work environment with strong social responsibility
What You’ll Be Doing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Documenting all service and repair information.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other maintenance work.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Valid G driver’s license with a clean or satisfactory driver’s abstract (no more than three demerit points) is considered an asset. You will be required to provide a copy of your updated driver’s abstract upon request.
- Available to work overtime (when required).
- Minimum of one year of related experience.
- Mechanical work experience on construction equipment is an asset.
- Flexibility; must be comfortable with managing and adapting to multiple changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to converse with colleagues, customers, and other parties in a professional and courteous manner.
- Pride in what you do!
Want to learn more about this as well as other opportunities at Cooper? Visit our Careers page to view Day in the Life videos – cooperequipment.ca/careers.
We passionately believe that our inclusive and diverse team is key to the success of our business. We are dedicated to building an environment where everyone has an equitable opportunity to thrive, and where diversity, equity and inclusion is celebrated and embraced. We strive to hire diverse talent and to ensure that everyone feels safe, respected, and valued during the hiring process and throughout their journey with us. To continue the conversation, or if you require accommodations, reach out to our team at [email protected].