Build your Career at Cooper Equipment Rentals
We are looking for a Class 5 Driver to join the team at our Maple Ridge Climate Control branch!
Why Work with Us? Perks!
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefit package with premiums paid by the company
- RRSP Match
- Safety-minded organization
- Stable, year-round employment with overtime available
- Continuous training, learning and development opportunities
- Fun-loving work environment with strong social responsibility
What You’ll Be Doing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load and unload equipment; secure loaded equipment per company procedure and inspect in transit if necessary.
- Deliver and pick up equipment.
- Assist in heater placement and installation on site under the supervision of a qualified gas fitter.
- Maintain accurate delivery and pickup records.
- Secure customer signature on contract, if not already signed.
- Inform supervisor of difficulties with deliveries or pickups.
- Inform management of new sales opportunities and job sites.
- Double check delivered items to make sure customers receive exactly what they ordered.
- Notify branch if behind schedule, so customers may be contacted.
- Instruct customers on equipment operation.
- If equipment is missing or broken upon pick up fill out the appropriate forms and get customer’s signature. Turn in these forms to Branch Manager, along with pick up sheets. Tag and move broken equipment to repair area.
- Perform vehicle inspections daily, as well as checking gas, oil, and other fluid levels.
- Assist with washing/cleaning equipment and loading/unloading of equipment at the branches as and when needed.
- Assist with checking in equipment and making it rental ready.
- Assist with the yard as required.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and abstract in good standing.
- Experience moving heavy oversize loads is an asset.
- Experience with driving light trucks is an asset.
- Familiar with local roads.
- Very customer oriented, professional and courteous.
- Very team oriented.
Please note, to be considered for this position applicants should currently be residing in Canada and legally entitled to work.
Who We Are:
Operating since 1972, Cooper Equipment Rentals is a full-service construction equipment rental company. We specialize in the rental of compact, aerial and heavy construction equipment for the contracting community. We have grown to over 55 strategically placed branches across Canada and pride ourselves in exceptional customer service provided by our highly trained team. And we’re growing!