We are looking for a Payroll & Benefits Manager to join our People & Culture team. This is a newly created role, responsible for the operation of the Payroll function and Benefit & Pension administration of all Cooper Equipment employees across Canada. This role will play a key part in improving and expanding the capabilities of our Human Resource Information System (HRIS). On the Benefits side, this role will entail leadership, contribution of creative ideas, and proactive planning in terms of employee health and wellness.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Manage the end-to-end bi-weekly payroll process along with timekeeping activities and records while maintaining compliance with all regulatory government agencies for pay practices and tax payments/filings, as well as adherence to all internal policies and procedures.
• Provide a high level of client service to employees and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
• Provide guidance to staff regarding functional, procedural, and technical issues.
• Comply with federal and provincial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions, including development of new processes.
• Ensure that ongoing month-end and year-end reporting is balanced and filed in accordance with legislation, and that deadlines are met, including processing T4, T4A, T2200 and pension plan information updates.
• Troubleshooting payroll and time attendance systems.
• Coordinate and process all employees’ Company RRSP and Group Benefits enrolments and terminations; reconcile monthly Company RRSP contributions and remit payments within prescribed timeframes.
• Create routine and ad hoc monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll and benefits reporting.
• Develop and maintain payroll and benefits policies and guidelines and document workflows for enhanced controls and data integrity.
• Work closely with the People & Culture team to maintain accurate employee records and support objectives that create a positive employee experience.
• Create and implement new initiatives for improved employee health and wellness.
• PCP or CPM certification required.
• 5+ years of progressive Payroll & Benefits experience.
• Expertise in integrated HRIS and payroll systems (Dayforce or similar system preferred).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organization and strong planning skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure in order to manage important and time-sensitive priorities.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Tech-savvy, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Innovative and continuous improvement mindset with track record of implementing wellness programs to address current health issues and focus on wellbeing.
• Bilingual (French) is an asset.
• Expanding company with lots of growth opportunities
• Very good benefits!
• Group RRSP Matching