We are seeking a motivated person to be responsible for managing the recruitment, selection and onboarding process. In this role, you will develop and implement recruitment strategies to fill
open positions through sourcing and selecting top talent.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will identify and utilize creative sourcing strategies to attract top talent to Cooper. You will develop cost effective, efficient, proactive and innovative solutions to meet our recruiting needs.
- Write and post job descriptions on career websites, and universities boards. Conduct phone interviews to assess candidates; provide support and counsel to hiring managers throughout the recruitment process.
- Assist and coach hiring managers on effective interviewing skills.
- Act as administrator for all recruitment systems and vendors, including background checks, personality assessment, applicant tracking systems, etc.
- Seek out networking opportunities to build relationship.
- Develop metrics to assess the effectiveness of hiring practices.
- Contact new employees and prepare onboarding sessions.
- Attend job fairs and careers events.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of one year experience in recruitment.
- Post-secondary diploma in Human Resources or relevant field.
- Strong understanding of “leading market” sourcing and recruitment techniques and methods; effective at identifying and sourcing passive candidates. Familiarity with Boolean search strings.
- Ability to effectively manage a portfolio consisting of 20+ vacancies/requisitions at one time.
- Strong integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information.
- Solid computer skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Very results oriented with exceptional commitment to customer service with strong sense of urgency.
- Fun, engaging and personable.
- Exposure to an applicant tracking system (ATS) is a definite asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; bilingualism in French (verbal and written) is a definite asset.
- Growing company!
- Very good benefits!
- Group RRSP matching!
- Continuous training and learning environment!
People and Culture Manager