Cooper Equipment Rentals was started in 1972 and has built a reputation in the Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, British Columbia and now The Maritimes markets for excellent customer service. We listen to what our customers are saying to us, and we work together safely to address their needs. Every member of our team is treated with dignity and respect. We are honest with each other, and we are sensitive to each other’s needs and opinions. Our customers appreciate being told the truth, even when we have to tell them something we know they do not want to hear. We are sympathetic when customers have a problem, and are always ready with options for them.
Discerning customers count on Cooper Equipment Rentals for smarter equipment solutions. Working together as one professional team, we bring energy and fresh thinking to our customer’s everyday needs. We are honest, fun-loving people with a passion for the business. *We put employees first!*
Looking for a motivated and very customer-oriented Health & Safety Advisor to join our team in the Alberta Region (Edmonton – Calgary). In this role, you will provide hands-on health & safety support and guidance to our branch operations in Alberta and British Columbia while ensuring adhesion to company policies and procedure.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure accurate record keeping of health & safety compliance files, on electronic and hard copy.
- Perform customer service functions by answering team member health & safety requests/questions.
- Write, revise, proofread, and edit company safety policies.
- Enter data and ensure follow-ups of incidents/accidents.
- Prepare new team member safety files and onboarding documents.
- Maintain, update, and audit training records and log books.
- Schedule training programs and prepare health and safety reports.
- Support safety initiatives and participate in accident investigations and analysis.
- Co-ordinate and participate in Joint Health and safety committee meetings and ensure functionality of the committee.
- Perform branch audits and document deficiencies and submit corrective actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of health & safety, CRSP designation is desirable
- Post-secondary diploma in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Very good computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong commitment to safety and ethical work standards.
- Effective communication skills reflected in the ability to foster solid working relationships.
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Teamwork driven attitude and strong active listening skills.
- Able to exercise discretion and tact in sensitive and confidential situations.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective online research skills.
- Experience with WCB/WorkSafeBC injury reporting and submissions.
- Travel to branches in the Alberta/BC region.
- COR experience is desirable as both provinces are working to achieve COR.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent