Looking for a motivated and very customer oriented Journeyman Mechanic to work at our West Edmonton Branch on construction equipment such as dozer, excavator, loader, etc. Competitive compensation package with Group RRSP matching and very good benefits!
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair equipment in the shop.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance
- Performing preventive maintenance and generating work orders (as required)
- Documenting all service and repair information
- Ordering parts, receiving parts, and opening/closing purchase orders (as required)
- Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other maintenance work
Qualifications and Skills
- Licensed Red Seal Journeyman Mechanic preferred with a minimum of two years’ experience; experience in the equipment rental industry is a definite asset.
- Experience in servicing aerial type equipment such as scissor lift, boom lift, reach forklift, etc., but also general type of equipment like skid steer, excavator, generator, etc.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- A valid driver’s license and driver’s abstract in good standing
- Availability to be on-call when need be
- A willingness to work overtime and weekends (when required)
- Must have your own tools.
- Fun environment!
- Very good benefits!
- Group RRSP matching!
- Annual Tool Allowance!
- Continuous training and learning environment!