We are seeking an experienced health & Safety Advisor to join our team. In this role, you will create and implement health and safety policies in accordance with the latest legislation and to ensure that these policies are implemented by management and employees.
• Ensure accurate record keeping of health & safety compliance files, on electronic and hard copy.
• Perform customer service functions by answering team member health & safety requests and questions.
• Write, revise, proofread, and edit company safety policies and procedures.
• Investigate and follow-ups of incidents/accidents.
• Coordinate new team member safety files and onboarding documents.
• Maintain, update, and audit training records and log books.
• Schedule safety training programs and prepare health and safety reports.
• Support safety initiatives and participate in accident investigations and analysis in conjunction with the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
• Coordinate and participate in Joint Health and safety committee meetings and ensure functionality of the committee.
• Assist JHSC with branch audits and document deficiencies and submit corrective actions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years of health & safety experience.
• Post-secondary diploma in relevant field or equivalent experience.
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong commitment to safety and ethical work standards.
• Effective communication skills reflected in the ability to foster solid working relationships.
• Superior attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Teamwork driven attitude and strong active listening skills.
• Able to exercise discretion and tact in sensitive and confidential situations.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Effective online research skills.
• COR experience required.
• CRSP or NCSO certification preferred.
• Growing company!
• Very good benefits!
• Group RRSP matching!
• Continuous training and learning environment!
Environmental Health & Safety Manager