Cooper Equipment Rentals was started in 1972 and has built a reputation in the Ontario, Quebec and now Alberta markets for excellent customer service. We listen to what our customers are saying to us, and we work together safely to address their needs. Every member of our team is treated with dignity and respect. We are honest with each other, and we admit our mistakes and grow from them. We are sensitive to each other’s needs and opinions. Our customers appreciate being told the truth, even when we have to tell them something we know they do not want to hear. We are sympathetic when customers have a problem, and are always ready with options for them. We have fun with each other and our customers, but we take getting the job done very seriously, and we work hard. If this sounds good to you, then you may be our next employee!
We are seeking a very customer oriented mechanic with at least 2 years of experience servicing aerial type equipment such as scissor lift, boom lift, variable reach forklift, etc. to work at our Aerial branch in Toronto (115 Manville Rd.)! Competitive compensation package with Group RRSP matching and very good benefits!
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair aerial equipment in the shop.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance
- Performing preventive maintenance and generating work orders (as required)
- Documenting all service and repair information
- Ordering parts, receiving parts, and opening/closing purchase orders (as required)
- Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other maintenance work
Qualifications and Skills
To qualify, you will be preferably a Licensed Mechanic with a minimum of two years of servicing aerial type experience . Experience in the equipment rental industry is a definite asset.
You will also possess:
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and driver’s abstract in good standing
- A willingness to work overtime (when required)
Above all, you must be customer oriented and have a strong mechanical aptitude with the willingness to perform a wide range of repair and maintenance tasks . You must also have your own tools .
- Fun environment!
- Growing company!
- Very good benefits!
- Group RRSP matching!
- Continuous training and learning environment!